.. what a fantastic buzz. It's such a great feeling when I finally finish something and last week turned into a really great week when I finished 3 pieces THREE PIECES!!!
The first piece finished is SB Queen Bee Sampler which I actually started way back in January this year, but it got put aside when I started the SAL on the Blessings sampler. This one was a kit from SB so it uses AVAS - not my favourite silk, because it is not very forgiving and you need perfectly smooth hands - which mine aren't!
I sat for ages trying to work out where all the beads in the kit went but in actual fact there were far too many, unlike the Medieval Mulberry silk for the writing and one of the greens, of which there was not enough, but luckily I had more of them in my stash.
I waited for a sunny day to take the photographs and now it's far too bright. In my usual manner, I managed to cut the bee's head off so here is another shot of the top part and quite accidentally I have managed to get a bit of an arty shot. I should go for this angle more often.
So, like I said, I was tickled pink to have a finish and I immediately picked up CHS Diminutive Dutch and finished it off over the next few days.
Such a tiny piece - not sure what it will become. I really like it, so I am tempted to get it framed and sit it on the buffet, but that is probably an expensive option. I did enjoy doing this despite all the backstitch on those letters. This is my first attempt at 40 count and I am pleased to say it was much easier than I had expected. This is stitched on 40ct R & R Abecedarian blend with the recommended NPI silks. Just love the NPI silks.
A close up of it to show the colours better. I know it is out of focus, but I am trying!
By now I was on a roll so I decided to sort out the pile of works in progress and lo and behold I found this next little project. I started this needleroll last year as a gift for one of my Grandson's teachers - got the schoolhouse one finished (for about the third time) but the end of the school year happened before this one was done. All it needed was the beads, hem stitching and finishing. I do need to buy some ribbon for it but I am calling it done now. Technically, it was a 2009 finish, but I am claiming it as 2010.
I have enlarged the photo but you still can't see the beads. I think I will go back and put a white bead on the top of their hats - it doesn't look right without a pom pom on the top.
And yes, that would be my boof head in the photo!
So, now, what to do next ?? there are only two started pieces on the go now:
A Secret Garden:
which I am afraid could be in the bottom of the box for quite a while yet - it has been at the "putting it together stage" for a couple of years now, so a bit longer won't matter, and
Elizabeth:
which I love dearly, and have not stitched on since October, but am itching to get back to it. She is more than half way finished and all the pattern alterations are worked out, so it is all downhill now.
I have many projects all kitted up and ready to go, but feel guilty that I have not done any stitching for friends for Christmas and it's almost too late to start any now ... or is it ? maybe if I just got off this computer ........
I'm going ...
Mary
9 comments:
All your finishes are beautiful! Congratulations on getting a few more crossed off the list, you've bee-n busy! ;)
Well done Mary. You deserve a pat on the back :)) Your finishes look great and isn't it a nice feeling to finish something although I have to admit to not having had the feeling for sometime. However, I think my stitching lull has come to an end as I started something new tonight....I know, Blessings is still unfinished. No Christmas stitching has been or will be done here either!
All three are lovely, Mary! I agree with you that the little Santas would look even cuter with tiny pom poms on top of their hats. I've never tried a needleroll, but that is definitely on my list for next year. Very cute :)
What beautiful pieces. Mary you must be so happy they are completed. That is always such a great feeling.
Great job! 3 finishes in one week!! I love all of them, but the one you did on 40 ct. is my fav.
WaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congratulations on the finishes, Mary! Wow, your needle is smoking! :)
Well done Mary, what a great achievement to get 3 pieces finished in one week. I love how they have all turned out but especially your Queen Bee Sampler, I have a weakness for band samplers with their variety of stitches.
Wow, what beautiful finishes!!! I love them both -- and the needleroll is nice too! SB is always a favorite with me, and so is CHS.
Looks real nice, great job.
Post a Comment