Friday, October 8, 2010

Finally - a finish !!

Well I finally got around to actually finishing this one - needle rolls are probably one of the easier things to finish off. 


I tried to take a close up of the very cute little bee button but they came out very fuzzy.  The linen is the palest of pinks.

And I couldn't post without showing you Elizabeth.  Not a lot done on her this week, but I did finish the flower basket last night.  I now have to do some counting to see where the side trees will go.  That's the only trouble when you start altering things, you have to keep adjusting things, but I am still very happy with her.   



I should be starting on some Christmas gifts but I really would like to finish Elizabeth first, so I will have to get stuck into it. 

Mary

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your needleroll turned out very sweet :) Love your progress on Elizabeth, I just love that combination of pinks and green.

Siobhán said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the finish! Nice progress on Elizabeth, too. Such a gorgeous sampler. :) Enjoy your weekend!

Deborah said...

Wow, love the needleroll. Your WIP is gorgeous. Love the colors.

Lois said...

What a sweet finish! Elizabeth is coming along nicely, such lovely colours! Christmas .... it's going to be here before we know it!!!! Have a good weekend.

Carol said...

I've never stitched or finished a needleroll, Mary, but yours is gorgeous. I love that shade of pale pink you chose...

Elizabeth is worth sticking with--can't wait to see your finish :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, I have just found your blog and i'm so glad I did, you have some beautiful stitching and a few pieces I have never seen before
I love the SB needleroll, I must try to look for this one online

Sandra said...

Great finish on your needleroll Mary. I'm just in the middle of ST's Acorn roll, even though I already have more than a dozen - they make a great display.

Margaret said...

congratulations on your needle roll -- it's so pretty! Love your Elizabeth too!

From the Attic said...

Great finish Mary. Always a good feeling to get something finished. I haven't had that feeling in a while LOL!!

La trastienda de Isi said...

Hola desde España, he contrado tu blog de casualidad y me encanta el punto de cuz, no he encontrado en tu blog en traductor, para poder leer lo que pones a pie de foto de tus trabajos. Un beso.

Gracie said...

lovely stitching